Welcome to Sonrise Christian Academy!
Since 1986 our school has been offering quality Christian education to families in Prince Edward County. At Sonrise we provide a nurturing Christ-centred learning environment that allows each child to grow to his/her full potential both academically and spiritually.
We invite you to contact us anytime to arrange a meeting to discuss the educational opportunities for your children at Sonrise Christian Academy.
What Is Sonrise?
Sonrise Christian Academy is a non-denominational elementary Christian school.
We offer instruction to children from Junior Kindergarten to grade 6. Our School is located in Picton, Ontario at 58 Johnson Street and has been educating children from throughout Prince Edward County since 1986.
Contact us today for more information.
Information Inquiry Form: https://forms.gle/fhnDKMSk9P9MZmuT8
Sonrise Christian Academy welcomes applications from all families. Families who wish to attend SCA must successfully complete the following stages.
- Completion of enrolment application forms
- Interview with the principal and admissions committee
- Admission assessment (grades 1 - 6)
Students applying for enrolment at Sonrise will be admitted on the basis that:
- They meet the necessary age requirements. The age requirement for Kindergarten is that for the school year in which he/she is applying, the child must have reached, his/ her fourth (JK) or fifth birthday (SK) on or before December 31st
- There is space available in the classroom that the student will be entering
- They are capable of maintaining both the academic and behavioural standards of the Academy - (Sonrise Christian Academy does not have the staff nor facilities to meet the needs of all children)
- They comply with all policies and procedures of the Academy
- There are no unresolved matters of contempt concerning the individual
- His/her parents have signed the Academy's Statement of Faith and Statement of Core Family Values
Students carrying through from the preceding school year and are qualified for re-enrolment are given a priority standing.