COVID-19 Response and Protocols
Updated September 18, 2020
If your student is displaying a symptom, go to this link and walk through the online screening tool. If it says "go to school", please feel free to bring them on in.
Below is the updated information from the health unit. Please review it carefully.
Hastings Prince Edward Health Unit has a lot of helpful information on their website: https://hpepublichealth.ca/
HASTINGS PRINCE EDWARD PUBLIC HEALTH
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday to Friday : 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
TTY: 711 or 1-800-267-6511
STAFF SCREENING AND SELF-ASSESSMENT
- All staff members will have their temperature taken daily and a series of assessment questions will be asked and answers recorded in a Google Form.
TESTING AND CONTACT-TRACING
In the unlikely event of a student or staff member testing positive for COVID‑19, we will proceed with the following steps:
- Notification to Public Health in the event of a suspected case and positive test result
- Readiness to provide contact information for other students or staff who would be considered close contacts
- Notification to all of our school families
- Modifying behaviours that reduce the spread, including increased hand washing and respiratory etiquette, as well as use of personal protective equipment (PPE) where recommended.
- Maintaining healthy environments, including frequent environmental cleaning, cohorting our students and physical distancing.
- We use hydrogen- peroxide based cleaners
- Ample hand sanitizer available
- Increased sanitization of washrooms
- Increased sanitization of classrooms
COMMUNICATION TO PARENTS
- Prioritizing digital communications, such as fact sheets explaining new protocols and links to helpful information, as well as detailed instructions regarding screening and pick‑up/drop‑off procedures and protocols if a child or staff person becomes ill;
- Providing clear guidelines and procedures for drop‑off and pick‑up to support physical distancing; and
- Providing information for students related to school hours, physical distancing, hand hygiene, and resources to support learning and well‑being at home.
|NAME||DESCRIPTION||TYPE OF FILE|
|COVID19- Parents' Guide||Resources||Download|