COVID-19 Response and Protocols
Updated August 23, 2021
Please screen your student daily using this online screening tool. If it says "go to school", please bring your student to school.
STAFF SCREENING AND SELF-ASSESSMENT
- All staff members do a daily screening which includes taking and recording their temperatures and screening for symptoms
TESTING AND CONTACT-TRACING
In the unlikely event of a student or staff member testing positive for COVID‑19, we will proceed with the following steps:
- Notification to Public Health in the event of a suspected case and positive test result
- Readiness to provide contact information for other students or staff who would be considered close contacts
- Notification to cohort contacts, as directed by HPEPH.
- Modifying behaviours that reduce the spread, including increased hand washing and respiratory etiquette, as well as use of personal protective equipment (PPE) where recommended
- Maintaining healthy environments, including frequent environmental cleaning, cohorting our students and physical distancing
- We use hydrogen- peroxide based cleaning agents
- Ample hand sanitizer available
- Increased sanitization of washrooms
- Increased sanitization in the classrooms
- HEPA air purifiers are in all classrooms, the foyer and the resource room.
COMMUNICATION TO PARENTS
- Prioritizing digital communications, such as fact sheets explaining new protocols and links to helpful information, as well as detailed instructions regarding screening and pick‑up/drop‑off procedures and protocols if a child or staff person becomes ill
- Providing clear guidelines and procedures for drop‑off and pick‑up to support physical distancing
- Providing information for students related to school hours, physical distancing, hand hygiene, and resources to support learning and well‑being at home