Beginning for the 2019-2020 school year, Senior Kindergarten will run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.
Senior Kindergarten students will review and build upon skills learned in Junior Kindergarten.They will also learn the foundational skills needed to prepare them for grade one. Students will also be encouraged to continue developing their social skills, including cooperation and showing kindness to others.
Academic aims for our Senior Kindergarten program include:
- Reading of two vowel words with special sounds
- Recognition of colours and colour words
- Knowing how to tell simple time
- Counting by 5's and 10's
- Recognition of numbers 0 to 100
- Learning to add and subtract
- Development of Creative writing skills